And now I've totally forgotten what I was going to write about instead. I'm truly a hot mess these days. I can't remember what I did an hour ago. Is it meds? Is it stress? Am I just going crazy? All of the above?
Anyway, I recently posted about my problems with bipolar disorder and addiction. I asked for friends willing to help me be accountable. This is hard for me... I say I want this, but it's not so easy to accept when they actually start doing it. I've said it before: I have a tendency to not only justify things on my own but have others around me who justify for me. They tell me I have every right to do what I'm doing because of this, that, and the other thing going on in my life or done to me.
|This pretty much sums me up! Image from Autistm - Day by Day.|
Well, let me tell you, if you want someone who takes this accountability (and your well-being) seriously, TheBorgBlog is the person to have in your life. I was fortunate enough to meet her through Twitter at #wineparty. (Read her post #crankypants and #wineparty confessions... to find out more, especially if you're on Twitter and find yourself at home bored on a Friday night.) I began reading her blog - which I thoroughly enjoy - and tweeting with her. We've gotten to know each other through email and eventually texting. She's an awesome friend. And now she's helping hold me accountable.
A few things she knows about me:
- It's important for me to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night to help manage my bipolar disorder.
- I need to exercise at least a couple of days a week to help relieve stress and stay in shape.
- I tend to do things I want before the things I need.
- The details of my addiction. What kind it is, how it's affected my life lately, and so on.
- Alcohol, while not my addiction, makes it more likely I'll give in to my addiction.
- I need quiet time to myself to stay stable and sane.
|Photo from Sugar Doodle. Check out Nicole's Value Posters for more!|
|Today's lunch. Marie Callender's Smoky Bacon & Cheddar Mac.|