But the things I said I missed? I don't anymore. Okay, maybe Pajamagrams, but those suckers are stupid expensive and really there are better things to spend money on. It was so amazing to read through that list and realize there was nothing left to miss.
I am an incredibly difficult person to be involved with. I'm moody. Almost always irritated. My interest fades QUICKLY. I'm too open, too honest, too unfiltered. It's not a challenge when I tell someone to not fall for me, that I'll lose interest in a matter of weeks, that I'm never quite sure what it is I want and so I can be quite fickle. That actually has nothing to do with this post. I just felt like I should say it. Chacewater 2010 Merlot is contributing to making this an even more inelegant post than usual!
ANYHOW! I've been missing some things, and it's totally my own fault they aren't part of my life right now, but here they are...
- That caress of my face, fingers brushing through my hair, and the light kiss on my forehead.
- Being tucked into bed.
- Surprises at work. Pajamagrams. Flowers. A card. A call. A visit. Lunch.
- Knowing someone thinks I'm beautiful when I wake up with my hair sticking straight up, major morning breath, and the horror of me with no makeup!
- The simple texts like "I was watching you sleep this morning and am so glad you're mine" or "You're on my mind"
- Knowing someone wants me for more than my body, for more than sex.
- Having someone who supports me in my interests, but who will also tell me (kindly and productively) when I'm going off the deep end.
- Someone who I know I can tell everything to and not have it used against me later.
- That feeling of security, stability, comfort in someone's arms. (These are good things, not boring things!)
|Starting 2014 out with a road trip and two of my favorite men!|